So the #TFCdreamjob competition has really heated up and it’s kind of making me regret deleting everyone I knew from high school off Facebook. But in any case, thanks for everyone who has voted for me so far. However, the truth is, while I am extremely thankful (and downright flattered) for everyone’s support, I think I have to face a truth: I am not going to make the top 5.
So, instead, I am going to appeal to the other part of the contest:
“ […] along with ten (10) additional Applicants selected by Toronto FC in Toronto FC’s sole discretion (for a total of fifteen (15) Applicants)”
Now, do not get me wrong, I’m not arrogant enough to think that I’ll make the top 10, but I am delusional enough to keep trying. So, here’s my new appeal:
Top 10 Reasons Why I’d Make a Good Co-Worker
10. I don’t play soccer, but I can discuss a thing or two about the game.
9. By trade (and, I suppose, by degree) I’m a librarian; I can answer any question you could possibly ever have.
8. The above point may not seem like a useful skill, but trust me; it comes in handy when you need help in Word.
7. Speaking of which, have I mentioned that I am proficient in Word?
6. Ironically, however, I try to keep most, if not all, conversations down to 140 characters.
5. I’m also very punctual and I always label my food in the fridge.
4. To add to that, I make good, but too big for just one person to eat, lunches (in other words, I share)
3. As for outside the office, I already own a TFC raincoat, so inclement weather won’t get to me.
2. I may not have a professional “vote for me!” picture, nor do I “totally love all sports, and have played soccer since I was 3!” I haven’t “wanted this job my whole life!” (the team hasn’t been around that long…) and I wasn’t “born to do this!” (I actually wanted to be a pizza maker when I was kid), but I could do this job, and I could do it well.
1. But most importantly Barack Obama follows me on Twitter. Seriously.
So there you have it. Any questions, concerns, comments you may have, please feel free to tweet me @sonjamissio (because I’m totally social media savvy). And even though I still think I lost the popular vote, a couple extra clicks my way won’t hurt. Especially when my own mother won’t vote for me:
Post script: to everyone who has been supporting me so far, thank you, really. You’re awesome and it means a lot to me.
Post a Comment